The producers of Airborne ask…
What’s the least we can do and still call the result a film?
What should we toss together in the punchbowl and still hope to have a shot of getting this dog shown on The Chiller?
1. Get one star (-ish sort of person) – a recognizable name, but someone who has been so long out of the spotlight that, even after a triple-take you’re still not sure it’s him. AKA – someone affordable.
2. Set it on a plane. All good films are on planes, right? Airplane, Airport 1975, Snakes on a Plane…
3. Mafia guys? … Yeah, sure. That works.
4. Bring in some ancient artifact possessed by measureless power a la Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Perfect, now tick ’em off
1. Luke F’n Skywalker
3. A mafia Don with a couple of henchmen.
4. Some old vase
-apparently worth 100s of millions of dollars
-which they checked into baggage
-with an evil God trapped inside
To be honest, I’ve watched worse. In fact, I’m watching worse right now (Octopus), but it is still pretty bad.